Powerful Tools for Caregivers workshop
Powerful Tools for Caregivers – Online Virtual Workshop
Caregiving is rewarding.
But it can be challenging, too.
Caring for someone with an injury or illness — such as dementia, cancer, heart disease, Parkinson’s disease, stroke, or others — can be physically, emotionally and financially demanding.
Taking care of yourself is important.
Powerful Tools for Caregivers (PTC) can show you the way!
What is Powerful Tools for Caregivers? And why should I take it?
Powerful Tools focuses on your well-being. The class meets once a week for six weeks and has been studied and shown to help family caregivers:
- Reduce stress, guilt, anger, and depression and improve emotional well-being
- Manage time, set goals, and solve problems
- Master caregiving transitions and be part of decision-making
- Communicate effectively with the person needing care, family members, doctors, and other helpers
- Find and use community resources
Tuesdays, October 5-November 9, 2021
Location: Online Virtual Workshop (MUST have access or be able to get access to Webex via computer, tablet, or smart phone)
Suggested donation: $20, which includes The Caregiver Helpbook
To register, call ADRC of Vilas County at 715-479-3625 or 800-374-1123
Space is limited – register early! We can walk you through setting up Webex Account if needed.